200 HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM - NOW ENROLLING!
What we learn to teach, we integrate.
It is as simple as that. When you know you will be responsible for sharing something with another human being - you automatically take it to heart in a different way. Whether you take the training for personal development or with the intention to begin teaching yoga we encourage our trainees to begin to SEE through the eyes of a teacher. The PATH of Teaching is a PATH of integration: making something a living wisdom which can then be shared and passed on.
Passing on the LIVING WISDOM of Yoga is the purpose of our 200 hr Passion for Practice Teacher Training.
GIVING you the TOOLS to teach/practice vibrantly, progressively and with confidence is our commitment to you.
We are dedicated to bringing you the finest Art, Science and Tradition Yoga has to offer. The Parampara (teacher to student unbroken lineage) is something we are deeply devoted to and take quite seriously here at our Island Yoga Shala (school).
What you can expect from a 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training at Passion for Practice...
- All Star Team of Faculty with Skill Diversity and over 15 years of Dedicated Yoga Practice and/or Experience Leading Advanced Trainings.
- Lots of Functional Anatomy in Asana combined with Learning to Read Bodies Energetically.
- Joyful Community with a soft approach to Deep Inner Work.
- Yoga Philosophy straight from the Vedas, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Strong Sequencing Practice for Varied Level Classes and Flow Creation
- Training in Voice, Cueing and Demonstration.
- Subtle body Anatomy and Experiential Learning.
- Kriya, Pranayama and Meditation.
- 10 Hours of Yin Yoga Training.
- Sampling of Various Types of Yoga: Jivamukti, Ashtanga, Anusara, Yin, Kundalini, Forrest Yoga, etc. to help you assess your "Passion Point" in Yoga.
- Adjustments, Modifications and use of Touch in Yoga.
Ready to chat LIVE? Want an Application Today? Just let us know... 16 Student Maximum
MEET YOUR CORE FACULTY:
From Left to Right: Jenna McDonald, Abigail Clarke, Kimberly Lafferty, Alexandra Sirocky and Sarah Kruse.
Jenna McDonald, 200 hr E-RYT ASANA, ART OF TEACHING & PHILOSOPHY
Jenna brings a combination of rich Asana based teachings and a background in Vedanta and Sanskrit together for a unique lineage based approach to modern yoga. She teaches and is trained in Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga and Various Forms of Pranayama & Meditation with over 1,000 hrs of combined teacher trainings. She is the lead instructor and director of the 2017 Yoga Teacher Training. It has always been her vision to bring the spiritual richness of global yoga to Bainbridge Island and with this incredible faculty she is happy to announce that dream manifest! She holds a BA in Eastern Philosophy and Decolonization from Evergreen State College. 3 words to Describe Jenna's Teaching: Technical. Devotional. Practical.
Abigail Clarke, 500 hr RYT ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & BUSINESS OF YOGA
Abigail Rose is a Certified Embodyoga Teacher, and has completed more than 1000 hours studying with the founder of the school, Patty Townsend. She now teaches public classes, workshops, and teacher trainings in Mexico and the US. Embodyoga® is a way of approaching the art and science of yoga from the inside out, and is an invitation to fully explore and inhabit the body and mind with curiosity, awe, and deep self-acceptance. Abigail's classes focus on understanding the relationship between the body and the earth, and the way this relationship provides the nourishing support necessary to reach out into the world and take our practice beyond the mat. She holds a degree in Psychology and Exercise Sciences from Smith College. 3 words to Describe Abigail's Teaching: Inquisitive. Exploratory. Anatomical.
Kimberley Lafferty, MA in Human Development YOGA SUTRAS & ETHICS FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Kimberley is a researcher, storyteller, mother and wife. Kim holds degrees in: English Lit, Human Development and Eastern Psychology. She spent two decades as a student and teacher of Tibetan Buddhism, Himalayan yoga tantra and western integral theory. She founded and directed a non-profit adult education company that certifies hundreds of yoga teachers around the world. Kimberley spent over three cumulative years in solitary retreat, graduated from a twelve year advanced degree study program with the Asian Classics Institute, and eventually became one of the first American female lineage Lamas to teach Vajrayana Buddhism. Kimberley then completed her western education in human development to bring global balance to her education. She now follows a call that includes a child, a book, and a country island in the Pacific Northwest. 3 words to describe Kim's Teaching: Truthful. Integral. Compassionate.
Alexandra Sirocky, 200 hr RYT KUNDALINI YOGA & YOGA NIDRA
Alexandra began her yoga journey in 2008 after sustaining a neck & heel injury from years of competitive dance. Through practicing with awareness, intention and proper alignment, she was able to receive deep healing not just on a physical level, but also mentally, energetically and emotionally. Yoga restored the connection between her heart, body, mind and soul to the beautiful world that surrounds us. To her, yoga brought an inner discovery of the Self, her true Self, and was a stepping-stone that sparked the path of becoming a teacher and spreading the message of natural healing & wellness to the planet. In 2013, she trained under Kamini Desai in Yoga Nidra at Spirit of Yoga. In 2014, she continued her education at Inner Vision Yoga, receiving her 200 Hour teaching certification. In 2015, she received her Level 1 Kundalini Yoga certification at Anahata Yoga with Sevak Singh and Sangeet Kaur Khalsa. 3 words to Describe Alex's Teaching: Playful. Encouraging. Vibrational.
Sarah Kruse, Ayurvedic Practitioner and LMP SELF-CARE FOR YOGA TEACHERS AND AHIMSA LIFESTYLE
Sarah is the Owner and Director of Embrace Ayurveda in Seattle, Wa. As graduate of The Ayurvedic Institute of New Mexico where she mentored under Dr. Vasant Lad. She has traveled to and from India and Kaui'i for many years studying with various Ayurvedic Doctors and Practitioners to refine and LIVE her practice. We are happy to welcome her back for the 200 hr training. 3 words to Describe Sarah's Teaching: Thoughtful. Nourishing. Traditional.
Dates and Class times for Fall 2017 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training are TBA. Fill in Form above for the latest Logistics from Jenna.
Approx. Start Date of FALL 2017 Yoga Teacher Training is Last Week in September.
* If you refer a student who registers you both get $100 OFF your training!
* Split Payment Possible Upon Request. More Details within Application.
Already have your full body YES!!!??? Next Steps...
1. Request and Fill out an Application. (See above)
2. Return Completed Application with Deposit to hold your space. (Check, Cash and Card Accepted)
3. Once accepted into the Program you will be given a link to complete your payment and suggestions for ways to prepare for the best possible experience during our course. (The Journey Actually Begins when you Say YES. Aka. NOW)
4. Honor how far you have come! It takes courage and maturity to invest in yourself and your health in this way.
About our Training:
- 1st Registered Yoga School on Bainbridge Island.
- Training Taught by Global Network of Advanced Yogis.
- Designed to be accessible to Working People.
- 3 DAY RETREAT built into the program.
- Designed to give you enough technical form that you can teach safely in your own unique way.
- Lots of Focus on Good Sequencing and Yoga Philosophy.
- In Depth Breakdown of Yoga Postures and Modifications.
- Transformational Intro to Sanskrit.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa based Alignments and Foundation.
- 10 hr Yin Yoga Training Included.